Monday, November 8, 2010

Random Blaster Box- 2010 Panini Epix Football


The next blaster box that I am going with is from a set I normally would not have picked up if it were not a random blaster box review. The 2010 Panini Epix Football set is one of those sets that actually bring me back to the old Fleer sets from the 1990s.

This is a typical Panini set with angles and colors in all directions. I am not a fan of these types of designs; I feel they take away from the players who should be the focus of the card. With the base set I pulled quite a variety and with 80 cards per blaster box you feel like you do get your money’s worth. Sad to say I pulled only two Seahawks players; Hasselbeck and ex-Seahawk T.J. Houshmandzadeh, but I also pulled newly acquired Marshawn Lynch, which made me happy. For the Cardinals I pulled only Beanie Wells, well actually 2 Beanie Wells cards along with ex-Cardinal Anquan Boldin.

The inserts seem to be picked up right from Fleer’s drawing boards so there is an air of yesteryear when you pull an insert. The Ball Hawks is just plain UGLY. Who decided to not only use the lines and angles but also thought it would be a good idea to take a relatively small image of the player and toss it on a card with horrendous font? The Rush Hour card is what actually reminds me of the old Fleer inserts and this I can appreciate. The use of green and hash marks actually gives the viewer the impression of a football field.

My hit is a Dallas Clark single color jersey #/299, which normally would not be a bad hit had it not been for the use of an “X”-like die cut window over the jersey. Had this been a simple square it would be a nicer looking card.


No comments:

Post a Comment