Friday, June 19, 2015

The Art Gallery: 2012 Island Dreams Pirate Buddies


This month’s Art Gallery display comes from 2012 Island Dreams. The artist is George Leon, a comic strip artist out of Washington State. This is my second Island Dreams sketch card and it is a beautiful combination of colored pencil and Copic marker.

What caught my attention is the hilarious pirates, who are obviously three sheets to the wind with their “XXX” hooch. What is funny is that if you think about it, the smaller pirate looks like he is holding a prescription bottle. Since I was a kid there have been levels of “coolness” with the first level being pirates and ninjas. Second level is cowboy, police officer, fireman and army man. Any time I can add one of these characters to my sketch card collection I jump on the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment