Thursday, July 20, 2017

Another Cavalcade Of Griffey Cards VIII


Everybody loves oddball cards right? OK, well not everyone but when it comes to Griffey the odder the better to me. First up is a DDK Reprint, not sure who or what DDK is but there are plenty of their reprints around. The card is based on the 1963 Topps Rookie Stars cards. I normally don’t like floating head cards but for some reason this one got my attention.
The second card is a magazine issue from a copy of 1990 Baseball Cards Magazine. The card is based on the 1969 Topps Baseball set.

To make this a trilogy of cards the third card is from the 1993 Bleachers Mega Star release. This card came from a time where “Brighter! Shinier! Holograms or Metal!” was the mantra of card companies and with the card #/5000 it was considered a super-de-doper short print (SDDSP?) in 1993.


1 comment:

  1. Heck yeah... I love oddballs! I wish there was a checklist out there the different sports cards that came in magazines. That 69T design card out of Baseball Card Magazine is the reason I love finding old issues of that magazine at the flea market.

    ReplyDelete