Saturday, March 16, 2019

Thank You


It is with a heavy heart that I am posting this, but after 10 years I have decided to stop blogging.

Mainly because my health is deteriorating, and I am having difficulties keeping up with posts. For years I had the time and ability to sit down and write a post daily, then after the pain gradually got worse, I would sit down every couple of days and write 4 or 5 posts. In the past 6 months my pain and depression has intensified, and good days are less frequent so writing multiple posts and saving as drafts has become a godsend for me. There are 40 posts in my Draft folder right now.

In addition to my health, I have become disillusioned with collecting. I no longer feel the excitement that I once did, and it has become more of a chore. Get a card, scan the card, write a blog post, add it to the TCDB database, put away in to collection… repeat.

I honestly do not know what this means for me. I do not read the forums or hobby news, I have not been on TCDB for days and my card purchases are few and far between. My one enjoyment is reading other people’s blogs, it is my nightly routine. 

I will still answer emails, I will still respond on people’s blogs and I will still be on Twitter. I may even post from time to time. Who knows, I may feel different in a couple of months.

14 comments:

  1. Sorry to read this, and hope that things improve for you.

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, am sorry to hear this. Your presence will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw man.. very sad news. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to hear this, especially the part about your worsening health... is there nothing that can be done about that? I mean, I know that what you're dealing with isn't good (major understatement), but modern medicine does seem like it's doing some great things for people in tough spots, so why not you?

    And if you ever do feel like blogging/writing, you know it doesn't have to be about cards, you could just do something about a television show, or movies, or whatever - it might not appeal to everyone, but there are plenty of us who will still show up and support your endeavors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be having two back surgeries by the end of April, each on a portion of the nerve down my spine. That should help relieve some pain temporarily.

      Delete
  5. I wish nothing but the best for you, my friend. If you don't wish to blog or go on TCDB, that's your choice, do wha tyou need to do, and please know, you'll be missed, but if that's what you want to do, do it. However, your health is a completely different thing, and I hope you can find the proper help to either get better, or in the worst case, make it so you can feel better. We're all getting older (my back reminds me of that daily), and we MUST take care of ourselves, whatever that means for each one of us. I want you to know you have many friends out here who wish you all the best and hope to hear from you soon, and repeatedly. Take care, get/feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not think I've commented on your blog much but I have enjoyed reading it. Sorry about your health but I hope it doesn't permanently take you away from collecting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear the sad news. "All good things..." and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'll be missed in the blogosphere, but you need to do what's best for you my friend! I wish all the best for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for everything you have written over the years. We will miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’d echo what everyone’s written above. Also I’ve found it helps to just blog when I’m able to, it takes the pressure off and reduces it a bit from feeling like a chore. Anyways hope your health improves and to read more from you if you decide to write again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear that. I hope you'll it will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lacking a responsive web design causes a bad user experience. It is a type of web design that accommodates a user-friendly look and feel regardless of the device the website is being used on. For more info on skidrow crack visit this site right here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking for the best place to buy Psychedelics Products Online ?

    Visit the website below and thank me latter

    buy MDMA without prescription


    buy magic mushrooms for depression


    buy magic mushrooms for anxiety online

    ReplyDelete