Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Buhner Book


Last February I picked up a 1988 Donruss New York Yankees Team Collection booklet that had an early Buhner card. I decided to leave the pages intact instead of cutting out the Buhner card and figured I would chase down a card that had already been cut out. Even though the cards in the guide are the exact cards that were packed out in 1988 Donruss packs people were selling the one from the Team Collection booklet for more. I ended up finding a damaged sheet on COMC that had the Buhner card, so I picked it up. The damage was along the bottom of the sheet, so the bottom row of Roberto Kelly, Rafael Santana and Steve Shields had a huge crease running along it but Buhner was in the top row, so all is good.
I have a slide paper cutter so I was able to cut along the border nicely, though I did leave a slight extra white at the bottom border so I can tell the difference at a quick glance which of the Donruss #545 came from the Team Collection booklet and which was packed out.

1 comment:

  1. Cool card. One of these days I've gotta add the Oakland A's book to my collection.

    ReplyDelete