Monday, November 9, 2009

Larry Johnson Released

Looks like there will be some happy fans in Kansas City today, the Chiefs released troubled running back Larry Johnson. I was expecting him to be deactivated for the remainder of the season or even traded but I guess an out-right release makes a point too. I am happy to see that teams and owners are willing to make a stand on their beliefs.

Sadly there is rumor that my Seahawks may look to work a deal with him. I do not understand Seattle’s recent running game decisions. In 2007 they release fan favorite 30-year old Shaun Alexander and sign Julius Jones, which in hindsight now seems to have been a bad choice. This year to shore up the running the game they sign 30-year old Edgerrin James, again the plan backfires and this past week they release James. Do they really need to plug in another 30-year old back with a poor attitude?

No comments:

Post a Comment