Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dont Forget Thorzul's Nightmares On Cards Contest

For those that are custom card makers, or even aspiring custom card makers, don’t forget that the deadline for Thorzul’s Nightmares on Cardboard III contest is coming up quickly, October 24th.

I created a 10-card set for the contest, 8 base cards and 2 relics. The contest requirements this year is that all the cards have to be based on Topps baseball cards printed between 1970 and 1990. I unfortunately ran out of printer ink after printing a couple of cards (Both of my relic cards were printed but that is it) and can not make it to pick up more ink until Friday so I submitted my cards in digital form, which does not do the 2 relic cards justice.

First up:

1971 Topps: Fredrick Loren- House On Haunted Hill


1971 Topps: Edger Allan Poe- The Raven



1972 Topps: Malachai Boardman- Children Of The Corn (Corn Stalk Relic)



In case you are wondering, yes I bought an ear of indian corn so I could use the dried husk in the card. Part of the interesting factor with this card was actually being able to touch the husk.

1 comment: