Friday, April 4, 2014

Some New University Of Arizona Cards For My PC

A couple of recent University of Arizona pickups arrived in my mailbox today.
 
First up is Solomon Hill. I love the 2013-14 Upper Deck Black Basketball release. The Lustrous rookie autograph cards are very cool, they are quite thick with on-card autographs. The player is placed over an acetate window, which highlights the player well.
 
Hill was the 23rd pick by the Pacers in the 2013 NBA Draft but he is having trouble transitioning to the pro game. Coming out of Arizona he was being compared to Ron Artest and was hitting 42% of his 3-point shots but things are not going well in Indiana. He started in the D-League but was recalled by the Pacers and has since been averaging 6.8 minutes per game, 1.5 PPG and 1.3 RPG. His anemic play allowed me to pick up this card for a whopping $1.99.
 
 
The other card is from the 2014 Leaf Metal Draft set, the State Pride Autograph cards highlight college players with the background displaying the state flag of where the players are from originally. I have been watching Ka’Deem Carey since his high school days, he attended the high school I went to when I lived in Tucson. He is rated as one of the best Running Backs in the 2014 NFL Draft so there is a good chance he will go in the Second Round. The huge downside to a neat card is his crappy signature, at least it is an on-card crappy signature. This card cost me a little over $6.00 shipped.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment