Thursday, September 21, 2017

Here It Is... Post #2,000 With A Contest!


It has taken 8 years, 3 months and 12 days but today is my 2,000th post on Pack War.

My first post was on June 6, 2009 and I started with a simple post about some ideas that I had for the blog, I honestly did not even consider the future of the blog. When I started I had been reading a couple of blogs regularly and I liked the way that collectors were interacting with each other and I wanted to be able to share my story too.

I hadn’t even realized I was this close to 2,000 posts until I was writing up a couple of Question Day posts that I save as drafts and looked over and saw I was at 1,991 published posts and I started wondering if I should just post #2,000 and not make a mention about it, just add it at the end of a regular post or should I do something special? I decided to do something, a giveaway. Nothing big but I wanted to make it special.

Here is what you need to do to be part of the giveaway:

1.      Post here by Sunday 9/24/17 at 11:59 pm PST 

That’s it

The prizes:
1982 Fleer Cal Ripken Jr. rookie card

1993 Ted Williams Buck Leonard autograph

2004 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites Monte Irvin autograph

Awarding of the prizes:
When the contest closes on Sunday 9/24/17 at 11:59pm PST I will run the entire list through Random.org three times with the #1 person on each randomization winning a prize.

The person in the #1 position on the first randomization gets first choice
The person in the #1 position on the second randomization gets the second choice
The person in the #1 position on the third randomization gets the remaining card

Additional:
If it reaches 50 people joining I will add at least 2 additional prizes in which case I will follow the same rules with the awarding of the prizes but with two additional randomizations with the person in the #1 position on each of those randomizations being the winner of a prize.

I close with thanking everyone who has visited Pack War and read my posts. I really do appreciate it.

33 comments:

  1. Congratulations on reaching the 2,000th post mark! -I get a good deal of enjoyment out of your posts. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 2,000th post! Those are some fantastic cards to give away. I hope you get a ton of comments and a few new followers over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the huge milestone - the blogosphere is a better place with you as a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It may be 2000, but when are you going to write a GOOD post? :)

    (and with that, I am eliminated from the contest)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2,000 seems like an insane amount of posts. Congratulations on reaching such a milestone, Shawn!

    P.S. Those are some pretty solid prizes to be offering up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I have enjoyed reading your blog and seeing your Griffeys.

    Great cards up for grabs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shouldn't the Ripken be saved for post 2632? B^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. I don't know if I'll ever sniff 2000 posts. Congrats on the milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! Hope I can make it to 2,000 someday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! 2,000 posts? Congrats...I have 1,649 to go before my 2,000th.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on reaching 2,000 blog posts! Keep up with the great blog, and here's to another 2,000.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! One of many good blogs started in '09...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on 2000! I recently started blogging and noticed I'm close to my 100th post. I can't imagine reaching 2000... Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! 2,000 posts is quite the feat. Here's to another 2,000!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! And thanks for celebrating with a contest.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great accomplishment! I'm in on the contest too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on making 2K posts!!
    dawgbones

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your milestone! Id love to play! Wes

    ReplyDelete