Friday, September 22, 2017

The Art Gallery- 2014 SBay Super Breaks President Gerald Ford

This month’s Art Gallery display comes from the amazing artist Jay Pangan III; who has worked with most of the major companies from Topps to Leaf, Cryptozoic and Unstoppable Cards. His work is amazing and I would say his work is up there with some of the best illustrators.

Pangan has a couple of different styles with his pencil sketches being the most common but I am a much bigger fan of his color work. The card is of President Ford and his wife Betty and is done in ink and colored pencil for the 2014 SBay Super Break release. SBay is best known for putting anything and everything in their high end boxes with some running well over $5,000 each. The sketch cards were just an extra card and was not included in the item count in each box.

I picked up the card because any time I can get a pretty cool President card for under $7 I am happy to include it in my collection.

1 comment: