Friday, May 22, 2015

Maybe A Positive Ending Afterall


In a follow up to a story I wrote in March regarding my nephew.

A quick rundown of the original post. My nephew, who was 8-years old at the time, was living with us and was missing his father. His connection with his father was through Macklemore’s music so when Topps included Macklemore in their 2015 Topps First Pitch checklist I picked up a card for him to help put a smile on his face. When his father was able to afford a place we sent Dakota back up to Seattle to be with his dad. Shortly after they moved in to their new home it was robbed and someone took all of Dakota’s baseball cards including his Macklemore card, which broke his heart. I picked him up a replacement and sent it in his birthday card at the end of March but I wanted to get something special for him to make up for everything so I picked up a second Macklemore card and sent it to Macklemore with an autograph request and included a letter explaining everything.

I got the card back today, it took 39 days, and Macklemore signed the card “MACK” in gold pen. I think it is quite amazing that he would take the time to answer an autograph request for a young boy who has had a tough going in life.

I didn’t tell Dakota that I was doing this so he will be in for a huge surprise.
 

5 comments:

  1. Man... that's really cool. Only problem with this post is that I can't get that one song of his out of my head... y'know the one where he says "that’s what you get when Wu-Tang raised you".

    Anyways... I throw my hands up for this great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very nice of Macklemore and you.

    ReplyDelete