Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Another Cavalcade Of Griffey Cards V


This card is my second Griffey card of 2017, and it is from the 2009 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions set and was a background variation of the base card. Griffey’s base card in the set has the same pose but the background is a sunrise (or sunset not sure) while this is the Moonlight Variation with a cloudy evening with a full moon behind him.
There were 15 cards with the Moonlight background and in addition to Griffey there was Ryne Sandberg, Grady Sizemore, Barrak Obama, Ozzie Smith, Tiger Woods, Ichiro, Gerry Lopez, Andy Pettitte, Cal Ripken Jr, Ryan Howard, Smarty Jones, Troy Tulowitzki, Chien-Ming Wang and Gordy Howe.
Had this card not been on my want list since 2009 I would not have bought it but it is one of those “I don’t know when I will see one again” type of cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment