Monday, June 18, 2018

Monday Question Day- Sports Dynasties?


Which sports dynasty were you happy to see happen?

Mine was the NY Islanders. The Islanders were the first sports team I followed, I was born on Long Island in the same year the Islanders were an expansion team, and my dad used to take me and my brothers to games at the Nassau Coliseum. They won four Stanley Cups between 1979-1983 and it was exciting as a kid to see that happen.

Additional question: Which sports dynasty were you unhappy to see happen?

The Dallas Cowboys after Jerry Jones took over, current New England Patriots and anything connected to the New York Yankees with Alex Rodriguez on the roster.

2 comments:

  1. As a Ranger fan, the Islanders dynasty was my worst nightmare. You know, I'm in my 50s, and my team has only won one Cup in my FATHER'S lifetime.

    I've never had "my" team be any kind of dynasty, but I suppose I liked the Magic/Kareem/Worthy Lakers when they were doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy: Showtime Lakers, Jordan's Bulls, and The Swingin' A's

    Unhappy: Jeter's Yankees, Aikman's Cowboys, and The Walsh Era 49ers

    ReplyDelete