Friday, June 15, 2018

The Art Gallery- 2013 Topps Star Wars Galactic Files Series 2 Jawa


This month’s Art Gallery display comes from an interesting artist, he does his work under the name Little House but his real name is Edgar Pasten and is a Jawa from the 2013 Topps Star Wars Galactic Files Series 2. Pasten uses a very cool cartoonish style with his cards and that works so well in the Mars Attacks and Star Wars sets in which his sketches are included. What makes him interesting is that he uses a very unique color theory with his sketches, his work is almost always in one color per card. In this case he worked in blues but I have seen reds, pinks, purples and greens in others.

I like the Jawas and Sandpeople, I don’t think I have any specific reason why I like them, maybe because they are the first alien creatures we see in Star Wars and that made an impression on a young Corky when I saw the movie in theaters, not sure. But I do love the cartoonish look and the blue works so well here so this makes a wonderful addition to my Star Wars collection.

2 comments:

  1. I like the Jawas and I enjoy the noises the Sandpeople make, but I don't like the Sandpeople in general. Ugly, severe language barrier, and violent. Three strikes and they're out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love me some Jawas and Sandpeople.

    ReplyDelete