Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Blog Bat Around: Pick Only 5


Last week Daniel from It’s Like Having My Own Card Shop blogged about what would his collection be like if he whittled it down to collecting only five players, sets or collections. A couple of people have followed suit in posting similar collection ideas and it got me thinking.

For me it seems a bit easier because I have begun to limit my collection already to keep it more focused and more interesting to me. As a collector it can be too easy to become overwhelmed, I have been there myself, so now I feel limited is what I want and what I need. Here is my selection of the five “focuses” I would keep if given a limit.

1.      Ken Griffey Jr
2.      Jay Buhner
3.      Star Wars related
4.      Manfred von Richthofen (Red Baron) / WWI related
5.      Sketch cards

While it was easier because my collection is smaller that doesn’t mean it wasn’t difficult. Gone would be my Ryan Bader collection, Steve Largent, Gary Payton and Allen Iverson. So long Edgar Martinez, Sue Bird and all my Seattle team cards. Phoenix Suns, Steve Kerr and the other University of Arizona athletes, happy trails in to the Arizona sunset. Family Guy and The Simpsons would be cancelled, and Mars Attacks would return to Mars. It was a difficult choice, but I feel good about it.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see the sketch cards made the cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of surprised..judging by the tabs at the top of your blog I would have assumed you'd keep Bader...and maybe Largent, too. But it's tough to pick only 5 when you collect sports and non-sports fairly equally.

    I'm working on a Seattle post now.. hoping to get it done tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol... if you ever decide to drop things down to five, I'd be interested in taking a look at your Largents ;)

    ReplyDelete