Monday, July 23, 2018

Monday Question Day- Team Logos?


Which team(s) have your favorite logo(s)? Which official team logos, past, present or future, are some of your favorites?

I have always liked the Seattle Seahawks logos over the years.

The NY Islanders too, probably because I was born on Long Island and the Islanders were the first professional sports team I ever saw. I will probably get shit for this, but I even loved the Islanders Gorton’s Fisherman logo in the mid-90s.


A couple of logos that I liked but had no connection too; LA Kings when they were purple & gold (pre-Gretzky era), original Vancouver Grizzlies and the current Minnesota Timberwolves


The greatest logo ever…The ABA’s Denver Nuggets with the old prospector. OK, not the greatest but one of the funniest.

8 comments:

  1. My favorite is the Ottawa Senators...for major leagues. Some of the Minor League baseball logos are great. The Pizza Rats are a current favorite. I also like the South Sydney Rabbitohs from the Australian Rugby League.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked up the pizza rats, I think I could get behind that being a cool logo.

      Delete
  2. Current fave is the Sudbury Wolves of the OHL, just a great combination of blue, silver, red and white.
    Defunct logo: Memphis Mad Dogs of the CFL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favourites...
    All the Jays logos aside from the Angry Silver
    Thunder Bay Whiskey Jacks from the early 90s version of Northern League.
    The original Winnipeg Jets logo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a good topic for a blog bat around. I know its mainly because they are local but I like the Kansas City Chiefs logo a lot. I like the more of the older logos of teams such as the Royals, and was reminded how much I liked the old Mariners logo this weekend. Also while its pretty basic, I've always love the Miami Hurricanes "U" logo. Their mascot is nice, but I hope is never a primary logo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never saw that Nuggets logo before - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the current Golden State Warriors logo... the Green Bay Packers logo... the Montreal Expos logo... and as much as I dislike the team... the NY hat logo.

    ReplyDelete