Thursday, August 4, 2011

Looking For Ichiro's Autograph?



About a week ago Brian Gray made an announcement on their Facebook page that Leaf had just signed a major athlete to an exclusive contract but said no further details would be released until the National Convention. Today the details have finally been released, Leaf signed Seattle Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki to a one-year autograph contract. Ichiro has not signed for anyone since 2006 and his last autographs to appear in a major release were inserted in the 2008 Upper Deck Exquisite release.

 You can expect to see Ichiro’s first autographs in Leaf Metal Draft Baseball set to be released in September. Leaf displayed two promo Ichiro cards from the upcoming set, I wonder if he will sign using kanji.


4 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled by this announcement. Hopefully he'll be signing enough over the course of the year that they won't cost a fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great news! It will make me atleast take a look at the new Leaf Metal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's great. I try to collect Ichiro cards ... but Topps. I think I'll buy that one on eBay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That National Pride card would look sweet with an on-card autograph. I'll never be able to afford one... but my dream is to one day own Ichiro's ink.

    ReplyDelete