Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Vintage Card of the Month: Jim Thorpe Baseball Edition

Last month in honor of the Super Bowl I posted up my 2003 Donruss Elite Throwback Threads Jim Thorpe card for the Vintage Card of the Month. This month I am taking the same route but with Spring Training starting I am going to post up my Thorpe baseball card. The card is from the 2005 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia Tools of the Trade set and is numbered #111/150.

Jim Thorpe played 6 seasons of pro baseball between 1913 and 1919 spending most of his time with the NY Giants and actually making it to the 1913 World Series. He ended with a .252 BA with 7 HR and 82 RBIs and 122 Strike Outs.

The card back states that the relic was cut from an item (item?) worn by Jim Thorpe in an official MLB game. I really miss the Donruss sets from the early 2000s; they put out some pretty cool relic cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment