Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Art Gallery: 2012 Cryptozoic DC: The New 52 Green Lantern


This month’s Art Gallery display comes from the 2012 Cryptozoic DC The New 52 release. The card was done by the artist Adam Talley and it is of my favorite DC heroes, Green Lantern. I never read the Green Lantern comic books and I am not a fan of the Ryan Reynolds film but I love the animated Justice League movies where Green Lantern is voiced by the amazing cult actor Nathan Fillion.
 
I picked this card up because it fit my sketch card parameters, it is a nice card that is a) depicting a character I like and b) it was under $10 before shipping. There are some great Green Lantern sketch cards out there but the prices are a bit insane.

3 comments:

  1. A lot of sketch cards go for amazing prices, especially when several factors (popular subject matter, nice art, big name artist) meet up on one card. There are bargains to be had, though, if you are patient and lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice looking sketch. I like the Green Lantern too!

    ReplyDelete