Monday, May 14, 2018

Monday Question Day- Could You Change Your Main PC Player?


Today is question day:

Have you ever considered selling off your main PC and focus on a minor PC?

I am sure that most of us have had this question crossed our mind but has anyone seriously considered it or do you know of anyone who has done it? I would imagine it would be a very difficult undertaking no matter the reason and you must consider selling it piece by piece or as one complete collection.

It has crossed my mind but I would never sell off my Griffey PC unless it was absolutely necessary due to a catastrophic event though I have thought about the logistics and numbers involved. I figured that if I were to sell my Griffey collection, if I didn’t need the money for other things, I could purchase every Buhner and Bader card ever made and have a couple bucks left over.

5 comments:

  1. I couldn't sell my collection if I tried, I'm practically the only one who collects my favorite player ever lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sold off a huge percentage of my collection back in the early 2000's and it included a bunch of Gwynns and Hendersons. Would I do it again? Probably not. But never say never. If it came down to me living on the streets or me selling off my collection... it's not a very difficult decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never imagine changing my main players...if I found out they were secretly Nazis or something maybe. But I wouldn't sell my collection unless, like Fuji said, it was either that or live in a box. I collect entire sports' histories and that includes people I truly can't stand, as well as people that I like better than family members.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could change my main PC, sure. Whether or not I would be able to sell it off is another question. I'm not sure how many buyers would be interested in my low-end collection. If I did, I certainly wouldn't stand to gain much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't ever sold off a major PC, but I do change my collecting emphasis between PCs fairly often. I don't add to my Hakeem Olajuwon or Gheorghe Muresan collections these days as often as I add Manute Bol cards, but I would still consider them main PCs of mine. I'm just not the kind of person who can readily let go.

    ReplyDelete