Monday, August 27, 2018

Monday Question Day- Do The Companies Care What We Want?


A hypothetical question. If you could make a single decision that would affect the entire hobby about all things card related, all companies and all products, what would it be?

For me it would be ending exclusive licensing. I am not saying everyone gets a license, but all companies have the chance to earn a license for whatever sport/non-sport. I know there is more to it than who gets a license, but you have to admit that over the past few years of exclusiveness there seems to be a stagnation of sorts.

6 comments:

  1. Nope...and neither do the sports. They wouldn't give exclusive lisences if they did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would require them to publish the number of copies printed for each card and the date of the last printing. And eliminate reprints of prior year cards unless they can be easily identified on the front of the card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reprints can be cool, but you’re right about them needing to be distinguished from the original.

      Delete
  3. I agree, exclusive licensing if only allowed 1 decision.
    I would also cut the parallel sets down to a maximum of 3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't say that card companies don't care what "we" want, because "we" don't all want the same thing.

    Since the exclusive license thing is already taken , I'll go a different route and eliminate sticker autographs. Hard-signed only, or cut signatures for the deceased.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they do "care" to an extent, but at the end of the day they "care" more about themselves and what's easier, more convenient, or what's going to make them the most money over what will make us happy.

    On card autographs were the first thing that popped into my head... but I like your answer of getting rid of exclusive licenses better.

    ReplyDelete