Friday, August 31, 2018

The Good Kato, Not The O.J. Kato


This will probably be the last Bruce Lee card I add to my collection for a while because the rest on my wants list are significantly more expensive, but I put my Bruce Lee collection on hold with a very cool sticker from the 1966 Donruss Green Hornet release. This Kato sticker (#5) is one of my favorites of all of his cards and I really can not explain why. Probably being an action illustration with bold colors.

I have never seen one of these stickers centered, they are always off and seeing a diamond cut card is common, so I did pretty well with this one. The borders are discolored and there is a smudge along the bottom border and there are some minor marks along the front of the card but not noticeable unless you look for them.   

The next Bruce Lee cards on my want list are a 2007 Breygent sketch card, a 2008 Breygent Movie Poster suspenders relic and the big boy of them all… the 2009 Upper Deck Prominent Cut robe relic.

2 comments:

  1. That is really cool! Congratulations. I vaguely remember when Green Hornet was on tv. I mainly remember their guest appearance on the Batman tv show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last weekend at the ToyExpo I met a huge Bruce Lee fan who gave me a quick rundown on his highend collectibles. I was blown away by how much people are willing to pay for his stuff. As for this sticker... it's a beaut. They should blow it up and make this into a poster.

    ReplyDelete