Monday, August 20, 2018

Monday Question Day- When Should You Sell?


If you decide to sell a card of a hot player, do you want to sell before an event (like the player hitting his XXX homerun or rushing for XXX yards) or sell after they accomplish the feat?

I do not sell much anymore outside of base relics and autographs that I tossed up on COMC and an occasional card on eBay that doesn’t fit in my collection. But in 2002 I sold my 2000 eTopps Emmitt Smith card right before he broke Walter Payton’s leading rusher record in 2002. Bidding ended at $200, I was so excited but right after I shipped it out I had seller’s remorse because I was worried I left money on the table if the card prices increased afterwards. After he broke the record eBay was flooded with Smith’s cards and the 2000 eTopps card was selling in the $12-15 range so I felt better. I don’t think the buyer felt the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment