Monday, October 22, 2018

Monday Question Day- Shipping Options?


Today is question day:

You are searching for a card and find two listed, same condition, listed the same exact way and same price, but one is $7 plus $3 shipping while the other is $10 with free shipping. Which would you buy?

I would go with the one that is $7 plus shipping because I would expect the seller to send the card(s) in a bubble mailer because I paid for the shipping while I wouldn’t know what to expect from the free shipping seller. The other day on Twitter I saw a collector post a mail day where they received the card in a paper towel folded around the card with the address and stamp. Who the hell does that?

5 comments:

  1. Due to eBay Bucks not applying to shipping, I'd be more likely to go for the free-shipping option to try getting a couple cents more back in credit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See - with experience, I would have to ask if that $3 shipping is a bubble mailer. I have paid that in shipping to get a card sent to me in a PWE with a penny sleeve only. And the seller justifies it as "well, I am trying to make some money selling the card".

    Well, start it off at a higher price, dipshit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first instinct would be to choose the $10/free ship. But you bring up a good point-it could be packed cheaply. I just bought a card that was listed at $10 with $5 shipping-but only because I made a best offer of $6 that was accepted. Now I feel like I'm paying $1 for shipping.

    Also, I always make sure to note how the item will be shipped within the description. If the $7/$3 seller does that I'll choose their auction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Gavin. eBay Bucks drive a fair share of my purchases, so I'd probably pick the $10 (free shipping) option.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually go for Free shipping since I hate when sellers set the shipping costs real high. Usually though I go with the listing I saw first, unless there is something about the listing that seems off. Sometimes if the item location is not specific I go with one that has a more specific location. I once ordered a book that the seller was listed as being in the US but the book was actually shipped from the UK.

    ReplyDelete