Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Why Oh Why? Butl 1 /50


I picked up my first laundry tag off a seller on eBay the other day for a reasonable $8.99 plus shipping and received it yesterday. The card is a 2009 Panini National Treasures Rookie Colossal Prime Materials Laundry Tags Deon Butler card. I am super stoked. 

When I get a card, I inspect it for damage and sadly found some on this card and while I am bummed and considered returning it but, in the end, I decided to keep the card because the damage is only visible at an angle. 

A bungling dealer decided to write out a tag on top of the card leaving an impression on the card face. I have seen this happen quite a few times and it still surprises me that there are sellers out there that don’t think. Remember, top loaders and one-touch mags save card lives.
I highlighted the letters and number that was written across the card face. Yes Butler's name and the serial number are written upside down from each other which means the seller rotated the card to do more damage.

I won’t get in to the fact that Panini states “Game-Used” on the front, but on the back, it says the jersey was from the Rookie Premier and that it was “Event-Used”. I posted about it on Twitter and tagged Panini. I know with this card being 9-years old I am sure this discussion has been brought up before, but I am late to the game.

4 comments:

  1. You should at least contact the seller and report what happened. If he breaks the habit now, he'll save himself some future grief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I considered it, I think I’ll let them know. They may not have been the guilty party but at least they will know to say there is damage in the auction.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that stinks. I've seen that happen in the past but never on something as rare as that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. That sucks. I have a few cards with "indentations" sitting in my damaged card pc. Still... a laundry tag for under $10 is a great deal.

    ReplyDelete