Tuesday, February 14, 2017

*Fish Face Followup



I do not have anything love related in my collection and being single during St. Valentine's Day sucks so I will go the humor route. This was a post I had written up last July and it deals with a goofy card so it gets slotted for today.

I have finally hunted down the Willy “The Dupe” Dipkin P4 promo cards. It is similar to the Dipkin B1 promo card except for the back, which contains his stats. He is the only person in history to have .75 homeruns.

The card is based on Billy Ripken’s 1989 Fleer card and has been on my radar since the mid-1990s but I wasn’t having much luck hunting one down for a reasonable price. In 2014 I finally found the B1 promo version for $5 but as I have said before I am a complete tightwad and didn’t want to spend anything over $40 and was over the moon when I picked this one up for $30 and free shipping.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome, I've never seen it before. Very funny card! Poor Billy Ripken though - "fish face" isn't so bad, but those season stats are just mean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Never seen this one before. At first I thought it was one of Gavin's customs.

    ReplyDelete