Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Iksmezrtsay Lrac Autograph?



I came across this one on Twitter and it turns out that Yaz signed the backs of all of his base 2017 Topps Clearly Authentic autograph cards so his signature appears backwards, the parallels were signed on the front. As a buyer would this affect you? Does it lower the value of the card or would you skip it all together and maybe chase one of the parallels that were signed on the front?

There are currently 3 base autographs up for auction running with BIN prices of $115-150 and in the past three months there have been 5 sales running $67.91 through $108.88 so they are selling but you wonder if more would have sold had they been signed correctly.

4 comments:

  1. I actually think the quirk makes me want the card more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a Carl Yastrzemski autograph. Front or back signed wouldn't make a difference. Your title immediately made me think of Mister Mxyzptlk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I think it'd be kinda neat to have a backwards autograph. I can see Topps with a lightbulb over their heads now: new parallel idea! LOL

    And what happened to the Topps representative being present to ensure authenticity? That guy or gal couldn't have helped set Yaz straight there? The guy is 78, so he can be forgiven, but somebody should have caught the mistake earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It depends. If I was building this set, it wouldn't bother me. If I was looking to add a Yaz auto to my collection, I'd probably just grab a different card.

    ReplyDelete