Saturday, April 27, 2013

Some Auctions Just Seem To Work In Your Favor


Fossilized lightning struck twice this month, for the second time in 3 weeks I was able to grab up an Upper Deck Fossil card, this time it is a Champ’s Museum Piece Trilobite Fossil. When the gavel struck I walked away with this for $25.75 plus $5 shipping from Canada. I could not believe that I found a fossil card for $30.75 shipped; I was over the moon on this one.

It is a mini version, these things are so damn cool, and it came in the original shipping case that it came in from Upper Deck. It is almost double the thickness of the Auroch Fossil card and it is quite heavy for its size.

When I scanned the card I could not get the scanner lid to close completely so light was let in and the fossil looks blurred out, it does not look like that in your hand. The etchings in the red around the fossil and the “MUSEUM” name are part of the design, not damage.

I am still hunting down an Entomology card and Museum Piece card; I also hope to add a Landmark card some day too.

2 comments:

  1. This is the first time I have seen fossilized artifacts from Upper Deck. What an interesting purchase. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations... I'd pay that any day of the week. Very nice find.

    ReplyDelete