Thursday, July 16, 2015

Some Sea-Town Pickups


My day has been a long one and I planned on posting earlier but my Prism tv service went down and I ended up on the phone with a rep for nearly an hour. Sadly I told him it was an issue with the router and that it needed to be replaced when I first talked to him but we had to go through the steps anyway. So now a tech is set to be here tomorrow morning and before long I got sidetracked doing some research and I realized I forgot to post.

Here are a couple of recent pickups of Seattle athletes just for fun

1995 SP Legendary Cuts Jay Buhner Legendary Lineage Patch #50

Any time I can add a bad ass Bone patch to my collection for under $7 shipped I am cool with it. The card would be ideal for his signature under the patch but there is no way I am sending this for a TTM request. I have sent a number of requests to Buhner and he has never responded so if anything it would be one to bring to a show to get him to sign if he ever does a show in the Phoenix area.

2013 Bowman Inception Mike Zunino Blue parallel #/75
I love the Inception releases and this one has been on my list for a number of years so I am happy to add this to my Zunino collection.

 
1997-98 Metal Univese Gary Payton Silver Slams
Gary Payton is one of those athletes that I am considering adding as a PC but I don’t want to have to many player collections, not to mention Payton’s cards can be high dollar. I love this card because it has a pinkish/purplish hue and it really stands out.

This was a TTM/IP autograph that I picked up. I am really picky about what signatures I get just because they can be easily faked so I check every swoop, loop and twist before I consider buying something like this which I did and felt comfortable.
 

2 comments:

  1. Peanut butter and jealous of that sweet Buhner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge fan of the The Glove myself. If I still collected basketball, I probably would have started a Payton PC by now.

    ReplyDelete