Friday, March 16, 2018

Tatum O'Neal Is My Celebrity Crush



My first celebrity crush was Tatum O’Neal. The Bad News Bears came out in 1976, but I didn’t see it until I was around 7 or 8 years old (1979-80) but from that moment on I was sweet on her.

When Panini did the Bad News Bears cards for the 2013 Golden Age release I was hoping to come across one of her autographs but those are the most expensive of the Bad News Bears autographs. I started to look at other options, Panini included her autographs in their 2014 Golden Age and Leaf included her autographs in their 2015 Pop Century release and these run cheaper than the Bad News Bears auto so I picked up her 2015 Pop Century Star Power Metal Blue autograph last year.

I still hope to pick up her Bad News Bears autograph someday but I am very happy for now. It would have been cool if Panini did a variation for those cards where the actors signed as their characters, I think it would be neat to have an Amanda Whurlitzer autograph in my collection. 

2 comments:

  1. Prices on the O'neal Bad News Bears autograph have fallen significantly the past few years when they're sold at auction. You should be able to grab it for under $40.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. The Bad News Bears was the first baseball movie I saw. I was 9 when it came out, and I wanted to be Whurlitzer. lol

    ReplyDelete