Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Why Some Parallels? I Don't Know


There are some very cool cards in the 2018 Topps Fire baseball release, but then I come across a card like this gold Dee Gordon Speed Demons insert. This (coloring) reminds me of the wallpaper we had in the bathroom in my house in the 1970s. The card is cool and I love the base version but the gold parallel is horrid. 

These are the kinds of problems that the manufactures are running in to with multiple colored parallels. When the card is designed it is for the base card. Forcing colors in to the card to make a parallel is changing the appeal of the card. I feel the same way about the more recent use of the Reverse Negative parallels, trying to make a card look like the photo’s negative kind of ruins it for me.

1 comment:

  1. I totally can relate to your 70's wallpaper comment... except it reminds me more of the kitchen linoleum from my childhood.

    ReplyDelete