Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Tubular


When I was growing up I loved surfing. Surprisingly there were some options in Arizona, there used to be a water park outside of Tucson (for the life of me I cannot remember the name and I am not sure if it is still around) that offered surfing times, so I got in practice. As I hit my teens, I would spend spring breaks and summers in southern California hitting places like Redondo Beach and Manhattan Beach. 

Those days are long gone but it is still nice to reminisce and while surfing cards are not common anymore, Upper Deck makes sure to get some surfers in their annual Goodwin Champions set, finding an old gem is nice.

This Matt Archbold hologram from the 1992 Beach Sports set was a nice find. It kind of re-invigorated me and I picked up a couple of surfers autographs and relics in my recent COMC order that puts me on the road of a mini-PC. I am not sure how I want to organize it yet and I haven’t made a wants list, but I have plenty of time for that.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't added to it in years... but I put together a surfer pc a few years ago:

    https://fujiapple.weebly.com/surfers-pc.html

    I'm totally a poser though. I'd go to Hawaii once or twice a year when I was a kid, but tried surfing. I was more into boogie boarding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had a couple of surfers in my collection over the years, but I never put together a PC. It is a neat and unusual mini-PC

      Delete