Saturday, September 12, 2009

2009 Topps National Chicle

Today Topps released a sneak peak of an all-painted set, the 2009 Topps National Chicle Football set, which is scheduled to be released later this year. No other information has been released besides a preview of a single card, Mark Sanchez, and a list of the artists who provided work towards the set.

The artists include:

Ken Branch
Jason Davies
Brett Farr
Chris Henderson
Don Higgins
Dave Hobrecht
Brian Kong
Mike Kupka
Paul Lempa
Monty Sheldon

Being a vintage collector I love the original 1935 National Chicle set and more or less I have been impressed by many of the retro releases over the last few years but I do not see any connection between the original set and the Topps 2009 National Chicle set
.

As an artist I am intrigued here and I will reserve judgment until more information is released and I can get a better overview at what is to come from the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment