Friday, September 23, 2016

A Successful Trade With SCC


In August the Sports Card Collector reviewed a box of 2016 Donruss Football, which is my favorite football release of the year so far. It is a case of going back to Donruss early releases and keeping the design simple with some cool inserts that makes me appreciate this set.
 
The big hit of his review was a Markus Wheaton Press Proof black parallel #/10 but in my eyes the pull of interest was the Thomas Rawls Aqueous Test parallel. I was hoping to add this young Seahawk to my collection so I contacted him and we worked out a deal for the card, which I really appreciated.
 
Rawls replaced Lynch last year after Lynch was hurt and had pretty good results. As the starting RB this season Rawls has not had the same type of results and was hurt last week so he will not be playing in the upcoming game against the 49ers.
 
Additionally, SCC tossed in a couple of Mariners’; Tyler O’Neill is a prospect outfielder currently with the Mariners AA Jackson Generals where he is batting .293 with 144 hits and 24 HRs in 130 games. I expect to see him in Tacoma next season. The other guy is well known by the Seattle faithful, Edgar Martinez. Now that Griffey and Johnson are in the Hall of Fame there is hope that Edgar follows them in but having spent a good portion of his career as a DH he has an uphill battle considering that he was just on his 7th ballot and while his numbers are increasing, he hit 43% this past ballot, he only has three more years to try and hit the magic 75% needed. The 2016 Bunt release is one of my favorite baseball releases this year.
 
I close with a trio of Griffeys, always the best way to make me smile.

 
Actually I close with a tool SCC tossed in, a BCW Card Thickness gauge. Too often I have made a judgement call and purchased the wrong size top loaders and one-touch magnetic holders and the card I wanted to fit doesn't quite work out so this is a perfect tool that really every collector should have in their collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment