Friday, September 15, 2017

Wow, That Is A Lot Of Art



There is a web site called Sketch Collectors.com that allows you to load up your sketch card collection for others to see. I had joined the site a while back but never added anything until recently.

I scanned in all of my cards, the fronts only, researched all of the artists and posted them all on the site. When I was done I found that I have 99 sketch cards, I never sat down to count so I figured it would be somewhere around 50 cards or so. This makes sketch cards my fourth largest PC behind Griffey, Bader & Buhner.

I haven’t purchased a sketch card in many months so I am not sure when card #100 will enter my collection but I will make sure to post the accomplishment when it happens.

Since I didn’t know I had 99 cards I wasn’t paying attention to the order that I picked up the cards but this is one of my last couple of cards, an ACEO from Buckshot. I like his style and this Joker is just badass. His official sketch cards tend to run $25 or more so I am fine with getting a personal sketch card. I am guessing this was a commission card and seeing that he has his MySpace listed I will say it was probably a decade or more ago that this card was done.

2 comments:

  1. Great looking sketch card. I love how you use My Space to help date the card. That ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made an account and started uploading my sketch cards. So far I'm at 25, but that was just from one page of my blog. I hope sketch #100 is a good one!

    ReplyDelete