Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Cleaning Out The Cobwebs Of A Collection


Why is it that when something goes wrong it seems to come in bundles?

Earlier this year I decided to trim down my collection and focus only on players and teams that I like. My collection was just not centralized, too often I would pick up cards on a whim or if I liked a design I would buy cards even though I didn’t have an interest in any of the players. My collection was such a miss-match and it made organization a bit difficult.
 
So I decided to cut down my collection by trades or selling. I have worked a couple of trades but most of the cards that I have pulled from my collection have gone by way of sale. I haven’t sold anything on eBay in years and things have changed drastically but I jumped in with both feet a couple of months ago and have sold off around 40 cards so far and most deals have gone smoothly until a couple of weeks ago.
 
In the last 3 weeks I have opened three non-paying bidder cases with two more cases being opened tomorrow if I don’t receive payment and last week I had a card I was shipping out disappear out a USPS sorting facility in Iowa. These aren’t life altering issues but just a necessary frustration when dealing with selling cards in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment