Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye To 2014


With the year closing today I look back over the year at my collecting goals and see how I faired to what I had set for myself back in January.
 
The goals that I set were attainable and within reason I was able to complete most of them. Around mid-year things in the real world took a turn for the worse and I found myself in collecting funk, which I am still dealing with. This did put a dampener on my 5-Year Blogversary plans but I will work on that in the coming year.
 
Here is how the year unfolded:


 Blog Goals for 2014:

-Post at least 21 times a month
Done
 
 
-Continue the VoM series, add a Sketch Card of the Month series and consider additional fun series
Done (Mostly)- I posted 11 VCoM and 11 Art Gallery, 92% not bad. I also like the idea of adding a Pack War each month, seems like something I should have been doing all along


-Make the blog “mine”, build on what works and change what does not work
Done- This one is more of an on-going philosophy but I did drop the full blown reviews and added the Art Gallery and Pack War serials to make the blog fit my interests
 
 
-Celebrate 5 years of blogging in June with something special
Failed- Being in a funk has caused a delay here
 
 
-Increase my Followers to 100+
Done-Fellow blogger Daniel Wilson of It’s Like Having My Own Card Shop helped me greatly here when he offered a contest on his blog to help me reach my goal. Thanks to his help, and all of the readers who joined my blog, I reached my 100th follower on January 16th
 

-Update my Blogs I am Reading list
Done

 

 

Personal Hobby Goals
 
-Focus on my personal collection, determine what I want and collect only those cards
Done- Another on-going process but I have slimmed down my collection through trades and selling and only focus on collecting players and teams that interest me
 
 
-Stop picking up cards on a whim
Done (Mostly)
 
 
-Bust only products that interest me
Done
 
 
Interact more with other collectors, bloggers and readers to try and work some trades
Done- I didn’t make as many trades as I hoped to but I did add a Trade Bait section as well as joined Zistle and this has led to a handful of trades over the year.
 
 
Create a “Wanted List” so I can zero in on what is important to me
Done


I did add another goal during the year. When I joined Zistle in January and organized my collection I realized I only had 92 unique Griffey cards and that didn’t seem appropriate for someone who is a Griffey collector. This was when I started building my Want List and set an additional goal of 200 unique Griffey cards by the end of the year.

I hit Griffey card #200 on July 29th and have since increased my collection to include 291 unique Griffey cards.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Looks like you met most of your collecting goals last year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job last year! Glad I could help out in a small way!

    ReplyDelete