Thursday, February 22, 2018

Note: Fossils Are Not To Be Eaten



I was going through some of my cards yesterday while dusting and I have a couple of fossil cards, one from the 2008-09 Upper Deck Champs Hockey release and the other from the 2009-10 Upper Deck Champs Hockey release and I noticed that there was an addition of a warning to the 2009-10 fossil card that was not on the previous year’s card.
Look at the area that I highlighted, Upper Deck added a sentence stating this artifact is not intended for human consumption. There must be an interesting story behind this specific addition of something that really should be common sense. This has me wondering if it was a child that got a hold of a card from a prior year’s set or an adult in a “Should I Lick It?” moment?

4 comments:

  1. I guess Fred Flintstone would be bummed out+









































































































    -

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever dig up that interesting story... I'd love to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea fossil cards were a thing. Are they tiny whole fossils or chips from bigger ones? Would be curious to see the fronts of those cards!

    ReplyDelete