Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Too Many Variations


I know I am late to the game on this one, but I have talked about my distaste for variations. Did Topps really need to release a variation in the 2013 Chrome set of Prince Fielder’s hair? Sadly, this isn’t even the first time I have talked Topps’s decision to focus on hair on a baseball card, that distinction goes to 2017 Topps Now Bryce Harper Epic Hair Flip BS.

This isn’t a rant about hair, but un-needed variations, the hair/DNA cards are actually pretty cool.

7 comments:

  1. Ugh, another examples of how the companies are out of tune with collectors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. If they must do a variation, at least make it an interesting shot of Fielder.

      Delete
  2. Looks like some kind of sea urchin that should be from an A&G mini insert set. I can do without it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is seriously a card? I guess I didn't hear about it at the time.

    Sadly, though, if it were a football card variation of a Browns player, I would still look for it. I have a problem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fan of fantastic "hair" cards like the 76TT Oscar Gamble and the 14T Coco Crisp... but this card is a bit too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First I thought this was a Cousin Itt card. Then I thought this was some kind of photoshop joke. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly Prince and the Tigers were never the same after this card was released

    ReplyDelete