Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Your Momma Is A What?

In recent years the NFL has addressed a number of indiscretions by players, from Adam “Pacman” Jones’ many criminal activities to the most recent actions by Steeler’s QB Ben Roethlisberger, the NFL has tried to be swift with justice and either fine or suspend the players involved. Now is the time for NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to show that he will not only react to players who make poor choices but also react to the teams and their management and hold them accountable for stupid moves.

It has now been reported that during a pre-Draft interview, Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland asked Dez Bryant if his mother was a prostitute. You have to be shitting me? How the fuck can someone seriously look another man in the eye and ask if his mom is a hooker? I understand that Bryant’s mother has done prison time for multiple charges and I realize you need to understand the upbringing of a player before drafting them, but I think there is a line where the questions begin to border on stupidity.

To add to the whole situation, Yahoo! Sports had to publicly break the story before Ireland even apologized, a week after the NFL Draft. Now Dolphins owner Stephan Ross said he will “look in to the situation”. Goodell made an example of players and has laid down the law with the most recent suspension of Roethlisberger, now it is time to show he holds teams to the same standard as the players.

Does anyone expect a fining or suspension of a team executive? I am not holding my breath on this one; I hope I am wrong though.

No comments:

Post a Comment