Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Random Topps Prime Football Rack Pack

I picked up a rack pack of Topps Prime football to pass the time and while there was nothing spectacular in the pack there was something odd, out of 12 base cards all I pulled was Wide Receivers and Running Backs. Most of the vets were having solid seasons, excluding the injured players, and the rookies were all dregs including one, Jordan Todman, who has already been cut.

I pulled 5 Wide Receivers, 4 veterans and 1 rookie: Sidney Rice, Steve Johnson, DeSean Jackson and Miles Austin and rookie Clyde Gates.

I pulled 7 Running Backs, 3 vets and 4 rookies: Ahmad Bradshaw, Felix Jones and Knowshon Moreno with rookies Jordan Todman, Da’Rel Scott, Taiwan Jones and Bilal Powell.


 I got a rookie QB Quad Combo, the only highlight from the pack, with Gabbert, Locker, Mallett and Dalton. I like this year's Quad Combo over last years version and the relic parallels are pretty cool to boot.

I like the base cards; they have some nice action shots with the backgrounds blurred so the focus is on the player. The player’s names are highlighted with subtle team colors and a bit of foiling to top it off. Not a bad looking set from the front, the backs are pretty basic with some bio info, a write up and one season’s stats. I think I would prefer just a basic stats back on a card like this and leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment