Monday, August 11, 2014

RIP Robin Williams


My wife just called me to tell me the terrible news that Robin Willaims passed away today of what appears to be self inflected asphyxiation. I am pretty torn up inside because my generation grew up watching Robin Willaims from his main stream introduction on Happy Days and then his jumping off point Mork & Mindy through his recent television program The Crazy Ones. Just going down his IMDB list brings back so many memories, my favorite Disney film has always been Alladin and I don't know how many hundreds of times I have watched Good Morning Vietnam. Any one who grew up in the 1970, 1980s and 1990s will be quick to list off a whole slew of Robin Williams shows/movies that have made an impression on them one way or another.

He has been fighting drugs and alcohol through his life and apparently has been dealing with depression recently, his loss leaves a huge hole in the heart of the comedy world. Sadly the eBay Toads will be showing up soon to reap off of the worlds loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment