Friday, August 15, 2014

The Day Of 250!


My back is healing well, the pain has subsided since my surgery Wednesday but I am still extremely stiff. My doctor told me it normally takes 2-3 days for the healing process to begin so I am right on schedule. I still have the second surgery on August 27th so I get to go through the process again in two weeks.
 
I have some mail that piled up over the past couple of days and I finally got to opening it. I always love getting cards in the mail, especially Griffey cards. Today’s mail included two Griffey cards which puts me at the 250 unique Griffey card plateau.
 
The card, 1992 Stadium Club #400, was actually in my possession at one time. It was one of my first Griffey cards that I pulled from a pack when I got back in to collecting but when my ex-wife threw away part of my collection before our divorce the card was lost to the trash gods. I picked this one up from eBay for .98 cents (shipped). I get frustrated having to repurchase ghost cards but sometimes I have no option, such is the case here. Now on to 500 unique Griffey cards!

1 comment: