Wednesday, November 27, 2019

The Art Gallery- 2010 Breygent Woodstock Rock Posters John Lennon





This month’s Art Gallery display is from Jeremy Treece, an artist out of Detroit who has done work for Upper Deck, Topps, Cryptozoic and Breygent among others. I would call his style super hero-esq because he commonly uses squared off heads that you will often see on Superman or Wolverine. 


This card is from the 2010 Breygent Woodstock Posters release, is one of their oversized sketch cards at 3x5.  The subject for this set is Woodstock-era musicians and this card is John Lennon during his hippie days and one of his most thought-provoking songs “Imagine”. There are a couple of draws for me to this card; first John Lennon was amazing and second the grunge style design, I fell in love with the style during art school and it calls to me.

1 comment:

  1. Cool sketch! I picked up a few Bob Marley sketches from this product and absolutely love them. I should add a search on eBay and grab more.

    ReplyDelete