Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Three Race Cars In My Pocket


From about 1998 through 2010-ish I was a regular racing collector. I continued to pick up the occasional NASCAR blaster for a few more years but I only watch a race or two each season now, so I am no longer an active collector. But because racing sets include some of the coolest relics, I still will pick up a couple of cards a year.  

In last year’s COMC Black Friday order I had three NASCAR cards. A 1998 Upper Deck Road To The Cup- Winning Material Dale Jarrett piston ring/fire suit dual relic. This card was a gift for my son, he is a total gear head and loves the piston ring in a card.


A 2013 Press Pass Redline- Muscle Car Memorabilia Jeff Burton sheet metal relic



A 2009 Wheels Main Event- Stop & Go Pit Sign Scott Speed sign relic. 

7 comments:

  1. I do like NASCAR relics as well. Was a big Jeff Burton guy. Cool cards. I'm a Kyle Busch guy now and will be rooting for him this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auto racing sure does lend itself to the relic market - much more unique (and inexpensive) material to pull from than stick and ball sports. I too was an active NASCAR fan in the early aughts, but I've since shifted most of my focus over to Indy Car. I still check in every now and then though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the piston ring card! Lucky you saw it before I did, or I likely would have gotten that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool cards, bad placement of the patch though on the Jarrett card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never had any interest in racing, but I do appreciate the awesomeness of the relics, and do enjoy seeing them when they pop up on the blogs from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome! They definitely take memorabilia cards to another level. Love the ingenuity of each one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete