Friday, January 31, 2020

The Art Gallery- 2010 Breygent Classic Vintage Movie Posters Planet Of The Apes




This month’s Art Gallery display comes from Scott D.M. Simmons and is an oversized 3x5 sketch card from the 2010 Breygent Classic Vintage Movie Posters release. The subject is from the cult classic 1968 movie Planet of the Apes and isn’t a move poster but a scene late in the movie when Lucius is tying up Dr. Zaius near the cave in the Forbidden Zone.

The original 5 Planet of the Apes movies; Planet of the Apes (1968), Beneath the Planet of the Apes (1970), Escape the Planet of the Apes (1971), Conquer the Planet of the Apes (1972) & Battle for the Planet of the Apes (1973)  I find enjoyable, especially the first movie. The reboot and remake films are pretty good but they rely on CGI and I am an old-fashion actor in a rubber monkey mask type of guy.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the first two films ("Beneath" was one of my favorites as a kid), the other three not so much... and don't even get me started on the remakes/reimaginings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved watching the original movies as a kid. I might need to track down the POTA collection and have myself a little marathon.

    ReplyDelete