Friday, November 1, 2013

Good News For Hockey Fans?


In what could amount to good news for NHL fans, ITG has submitted a proposal for an NHLPA license. If they are approved they would be able to make cards using current players, though no logos or team names.  They actually had a one-year deal in the works with the NHLPA last year but they were instructed to only produce two sets during the lockout so Price turned down the deal.
 
I had been a serious hockey fan for years but after the 2004-05 lockout, the second in ten years, I had enough. I still keep an eye on the Islanders and Coyotes but I rarely watch games and almost never pick up packs but I think this should be a no-brainer for the NHLPA, ITG produces some of the best hockey cards each year. I do not like limited licensing, it has led to stagnation in some products, I can understand not handing out licenses to everyone but one or two companies controlling the majority of licensing is serious overkill.

No comments:

Post a Comment