Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Preview: 2013 Topps UFC Bloodlines

Scheduled Release Date: 12/4/13
Box Configuration: 10 packs per box, 5 cards per pack
SRP: $160-170
 
 
Box Break:
2 Auto Relics
3 Autographs
2 Jumbo or Dual Relics
2 Relics
1 Manufactured Relic
 
 
What to Expect:
If you can afford it and are a UFC fan this is the product for you, Topps goes all out on Bloodlines and it shows. This is a high end product with some high end hits and plenty of parallels and inserts, you will get one hit per pack along with one insert and one parallel.
 
The base cards have four parallels, which you will pull one a pack; Flag (#/188), Black (#/88), Ruby (#/8) and Platinum (1/1). The base autographs will include first time signers, which are Red Ink (#/15).
 
 
My Thoughts:
I love UFC and I love UFC cards, I think that Topps has done an amazing job with their UFC releases and Bloodlines is among the best. It is a bit out of my price range for a box but I have grabbed up some base cards and inserts of the fighters I support, Ryan Bader and Ben Henderson.
 
The base design is great; I love the black and white background with the fighter prominently standing out in color along with their name and county across the bottom. Simple designs always seem to stand out and look great. When it comes to inserts the Octagon-Side insert is my favorite, it actually reminds me of the Magic Football releases.
 
 
Pros:
Nice Base Design
A Hit, Insert and Parallel in Every Pack
Lots of Autographs and Parallels
Sketch Cards
 
 
Cons:
Price
Sticker Autographs
A Manufactured Relic (Coin) in Every Box
 
 
Rating:
I am torn, I love the set but I always deduct points for sticker autographs even when the match up with the design. There is a lot to love about this set so I think that I will go with a fair 4 out of 5 because of the design aspect.



 















 

No comments:

Post a Comment