Monday, November 25, 2013

Nike Brings Calvin Johnson To Your Feet


 I am not a shoe guy, I find it hard to drop hundreds of dollars on a pair of shoes you probably will never wear, but that does not mean I do not appreciate a nice looking pair of shoes.

Nike just announced a special Calvin Johnson “Megatron” pack that they will be releasing soon, I did not see a date or price. The pack consist of three pairs of shoes, two trainers and a pair of football cleats, with similar color patterns and a Decepticon logo. One of the trainers has a glow in the dark outrigger and the cleats are clear.

In addition to the three pairs of shoes there will also be a limited edition Calvin Johnson Megatron Transformer. The figure will be included in the Megatron Rises Packs, which will be released at 21 Mercer Nike store in Queens. There will only be 81 Megatron Rises Packs released but the shoes will be sold at other Nike stores as well as their online store.

I never played with Transformers, they came around when I was hitting my teens, but they are still very cool. The Johnson piece includes a football and turns in to a B-2 Bomber. I like the purple/silver colors used but I think it would have been better to use the Lions black/blue/silver team colors.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment