Thursday, May 20, 2010

2010 Panini Classic Football





Scheduled Release Date: July 28, 2010
Box Configuration: 5 cards per pack, 18 packs per box
SRP: $105-110 per box

Box Break: 4 Autograph/Memorabilia (at least 1 card will be an autograph), 4 Rookies, 2 Legends, 1 Timeless Tributes Parallel, 1 Team Colors, 4 Other Inserts

The base cards actually remind me of the cards produced by Hit, while I like simple base cards this actually doesn’t do it for me. The big draw for me in this release is the inserts. The Legends Autographs checklist includes signatures by Elway, Marino, Emmitt Smith and Barry Sanders. The Hall of Fame Class Autographs checklist include Smith and Rice and Panini’s use of cut signatures is well justified in this product, you can pull some amazing names like Walter Payton, Bear Bryant and George Halas.

My Thoughts:
I cannot complain about the checklist, you can pull some serious hits from a box. The base set does not interest me and I definitely will not be looking to build a set, but with packs selling around $6 a piece it might be worth grabbing some packs.

I love the Monday Night Heroes insert


Ratings:
I gave this release a 2 1/2 actually because half of my interest is in the base set and since this base set is of no interest for me I have to rate this based on the inserts alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment